Rieva and Brian discuss retail woes for business owners, the upcoming holidays, and how digital transformation is changing the way small businesses operate. Lots of practical advice in this podcast!
Podcast Tips for Listeners:
- Over 72 million people in the U.S. listen to at least one podcast a week. There are over 1.2 million podcasts available to listeners. It’s never too late to start a podcast.
- To build your audience, you want to define what you want to say, who you want to say it to, how frequently you want to say it to them, and what platform you want to use (audio vs. video).
- Developing a niche within a target market is key. There are thousands of podcasts targeting entrepreneurs. Start a podcast that talks about tech to women startup business owners. Develop a strong core audience that you can cultivate and grow.
- Use vetted resources to get information on starting a podcast. Podcast membership communities are good; Facebook groups that have podcasts, editors and people that are in the podcast business. Dig deeper than a random Google search on how to start a podcast.
- To your homework on finding the right equipment for you – microphone, webcam (if you’re doing video), lighting, hosting service, and a professional editor to make your podcast sound brilliant.
- Twitter: Traci DeForge
- Twitter: Produce Your Podcast
- Facebook: Produce Your Podcast
- Instagram: Produce Your Podcast
- LinkedIn: Traci DeForge
- Website: Podhive.com
- Website: Produce Your Podcast