In this episode, John, Rieva, and Brian discuss the state of retail and e-commerce as global economies continue to battle the COVID-19 pandemic.
Words of Wisdom from John Lawson:
- There’s a lot of shifting going on without having access to a playbook. People are writing the playbook as things happen.
- The money in our economy is moving somewhere and you want to be on the other side of that move. Think about where the money is moving from and where it might be moving to – that’s where the opportunities are right now.
- If I get one more email telling me you’re with me through these troubled times, I am going to go crazy. But, if you gave me something of value, like a coupon, that’s a different story.
- What would I do in the next 30 to 60 days? The #1 priority is self-preservation. I need to talk care of my home and family. Second, I want to make sure my employees and their families are ok.
- Be aware of opportunities out there. Google is giving free ads to small businesses. Facebook is giving out grants to small businesses. Go online and find out who is doing things to make life easier for small businesses.