In this episode, Rieva quizzes Brian on GPS Plans – what are they, why are they so important, and how business owners can build a proper GPS plan in 2021 to help them achieve their goals.
Key Takeaways to Writing Your Own GPS Plan:
- Know where you want your company to be on 12/31/21
- Write down how to plan to arrive at your goal on 12/31/21 (repeat business, new business, sales, marketing, buying equipment, etc.)
- Quickly decide whether or not an opportunity will get you closer to your goal. A good GPS Plan will save you time AND money.
- Watch out for Time Robbers! They will try to steer you off course.
- Treat your GPS Plan like a living breathing document; refer to it on a regular basis.
- Share your GPS Plan with key advisers and employees. Get their input to make sure you don’t miss an obstacle or an opportunity.