In this episode, Ken, Rieva, and Brian talk about what small business owners can expect over the next 30-60-90 days and for the rest of 2020.
Advice from Ken Yancey:
- There’s not a lot today that small business owners can control. They must really focus on what they CAN control.
- Companies and organizations are going to great lengths to support small businesses in their communities these days. There is no shame in business owners accepting help from others.
- It’s a great time to find a mentor. Reach out to a local Small Business Development Center, Women’s Business Center and/or other local or virtual mentoring programs.
- Have someone evaluate your business situation, your ideas and challenges, and then come up with suggestions to spur your creativity.
- Find local partnerships locally that can help you distribute, sell or somehow generate revenue.
- you must be an advocate for yourself and you must be patient. But, if, you do these things, there are opportunities out there.
- There is a small subset of businesses that are in position to grow their companies right now. Before you join this group, do your homework, and make sure you have the resources in place to grow successfully.
- Twitter – Ken Yancey
- LinkedIn – Ken Yancey